Everyone tries to follow all the safety regulations when they are driving a car on the road, but sometimes accidents do happen and they are ought to be stressful even when there are no major injuries involved. However, when accidents cause injuries, the stress level increases manifold. From dealing with hospital bills to not being able to work and on top of that showing up for legal proceedings can quickly become a mental agony for those involved in a car accident.
Hiring a car accident lawyer in LA is the most appropriate way to handle the legal situation while you try to deal with the other aspects of life. In Los Angeles, Fisher & Talwar is a private law firm that provides attorney services with specialized experience in handling accident cases and helping you in getting maximum compensation for your financial loss.
Before you are ready to hire an attorney, you must prepare a list of questions that must be asked during your first meet with them to assess the accident and determine your accident claim.
Questions you must put forth in front of your attorney
The very first response after an accident should be to meet a health care professional in Los Angeles and get an assessment of the extent of injuries that you could have sustained and need treatment for. For major injuries, this medical assessment should be made immediately as they can be life-threatening.
After you have got the first aid treatment, you can visit an attorney and ask the following questions:
- What kind of evidence should be saved to ensure legal protection when involved in a car accident?
- Can we share a recorded statement with our insurer and with the insurer of another driver involved in the accident?
- You must enquire about the state-specific deadlines within which accident-related lawsuits can be filed.
- You must also get a list of documents that will be required by the attorney to follow up with the legal proceedings.
- Legal trials can take weeks or months to resolve. Thus, you must get a general idea about the time it will take for all legal proceedings gets complete.
- Determine how often you need to meet or communicate with the attorney to discuss updates on the case.
- Ask the attorney regarding their perspective on the case and how can they best help you in turning the legal trial in your favor.
- Do enquire about the extent of damage that can be recovered through a legal course.
- Lastly, enquire about their fees and all the fees that you will be paying during a legal trial.
You must communicate every little doubt you have in your head with the attorney in Los Angeles to establish a transparent communication with them so that they can best help you with the accident case at hand.