Before investing your time and money in search engine optimization in 2023, you must be aware that Google rolls out new algorithms regularly to give users the best information. Over 90% of pages on Google don’t get any traffic as they do not match the search intent, don’t have any backlinks, and are not targeting relevant topics that users are searching for. This is where SEO services come into the picture.
Now let’s move on to the upcoming SEO trends that will help give your search traffic a boost:
- Zero-click Searches: This type of search refers to a search engine results page (SERP) that answers the query at the top of a Google search result. Also known as “no-click searches”, types of searches have been on the rise in recent times, as the users get answers directly without involving any further clicks. These are most common on smartphones as most users resort to voice searches for short and quick answers to their questions. If you’re looking to rank on zero-click searches, here are some of the best ways:
- Provide accurate answers to satisfy user intent
- Use the “people also ask” box
- Create click-worthy meta descriptions
- Evergreen Content: you need to create great content that helps your users in order to achieve better rankings on Google. Thanks to the fierce competition in almost every niche, the only way to have an edge is to create content that uses the concept of EAT, i,e. E- Expertise, A- Authority, T- Trustworthiness. For better results on search pages, following EAT is a must, as it conveys to Google algorithm updates that your web page can provide faster and better information to users. You can also explore WordPress SEO plugins to enhance your website and blog content. These tools offer a wide array of functions and features, allowing users to customize their pages per their strategy.
- Voice Searches: voice search SEO involves optimizing your site to attain higher search rankings for voice searches. Touted to be the “next best thing” in the world of SEO, this has risen to immense popularity thanks to smart speaker devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomePod, etc. Here’s how you can prepare your website for voice search SEO:
- Target relevant questions your audience is asking, using tools such as Answer The Public to find out the frequently asked questions in your niche. Once you have identified such questions, incorporating them into your blog posts in the form of FAQs is a good idea.
- Optimize for local search and features snippets: unknown to many, most voice searches cater to local information. This implies that you can also rank for voice searches by optimizing your site for local SEO. It is also interesting to note that 40.7%
- Site Audits: don’t make the common mistake of ignoring the technical aspects of your website, as these largely determine the search traffic you get. Make sure you regularly audit your website to find all the issues on your site. A site audit evaluates how search-friendly your website is in multiple areas and provides you an in-depth analysis of your website’s health. With a site audit, you can identify all kinds of issues that may adversely affect your site’s ranking, including crawl ability, core web vitals, internal linking, marketing issues, and so on.
- Mobile SEO: A major chunk of online searches are performed on mobile devices, and the number is increasing every day. Hence, in digital marketing, it goes without saying that if you aim to get the best results from SEO, you must optimize your website for users on mobiles or tablets. Firstly, check how fast your site loads on smartphones using Google’s free mobile site speed test. Some of the most effective ways of optimizing the speed of your website on smartphones include:
- Eliminating render-blocking resources
- Enabling caching for mobile devices
- Making your site fully responsive
- Enabling lazy loading of your images
- Optimizing images
- Creating mobile-friendly content
To put it in a nutshell, winning the SEO game will require you to offer your users the best experience. SEO is only expected to grow further in the years to come. Once you understand the search intent, make sure you create helpful content with topics that have long-term potential. Link-building, and a faster website should complement this, and adherence to Google guidelines- try these, and you’ll surely acquire better rankings!
Leave a Reply