When you think of a landscape contractor, you might picture someone who mows lawns or shovels snow. But in reality, landscape contractors are so much more than that! If you live in Calgary, then you know that the winters can be long and harsh. Fortunately, contractors can help make your winter a little bit easier. Here’s everything you need to know about them.
What Do Landscape Contractors Do?
Landscape contractors are responsible for a wide range of tasks, both in the winter and summer. In the winter, they plow snow, salt sidewalks, and clear ice from walkways and driveways. They also shovel snow off of roofs to prevent damage from the weight of the snow.
In the summer, they mow lawns, trim bushes and trees, fertilize lawns, and perform other general maintenance tasks. Basically, if it needs to be done in your yard, a landscape contractor can take care of it!
In short, the landscape contractors in Calgary perform the following functions:
- Landscape contractors are responsible for the design and construction of outdoor spaces. This can include both residential and commercial properties.
- Landscape contractors typically have a team of workers that they oversee. These workers may be responsible for tasks such as lawn care, planting, irrigation, and hardscaping.
- In some cases, landscape contractors may also be responsible for the maintenance of outdoor spaces. This can include tasks such as mowing, pruning, and fertilizing.
- Landscape contractors may also be involved in the installation of outdoor features such as pools, decks, and patios.
- Some landscape contractors may also offer consulting services to their clients. This can include advice on topics such as plant selection, irrigation systems, and drainage solutions.
Why Should I Hire a Landscape Contractor?
Now that you know a little bit more about contractors, you might be wondering why you should hire one. You can hire a landscape contractor for the following benefits:
- it’s important to have someone who is experienced and knows what they’re doing taking care of your yard.
- landscape contractors have the training and expertise to get the job done right. They also have the necessary equipment to complete the job quickly and efficiently.
- Further, by hiring a landscape contractor, you’ll free up your valuable time so that you can enjoy your yard instead of working in it!
How Do I Find a Reputable Landscape Contractor in Calgary?
If you’re thinking of hiring a landscape contractor to help with your lawn care, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you get referrals from people you know and trust.
- It’s important to check online reviews and the Better Business Bureau once you have a few names in order to do your research.
- Before committing, get bids from several contractors.
If you’re still unable to decide which contractor to choose, for reputable landscape contractors in Calgary, then look no further than Project Landscape. We have years of experience in the landscaping industry and we’re passionate about helping our customers create beautiful yards that they can enjoy all year round. Contact our team today.